I am a certified business, leadership and personal coach and registered nurse. I have a BA (hons) and PG Cert in Leadership and am a NLP master practitioner, trained in the use of Motivational Maps and Timeline Therapy.
I have worked within healthcare for over 30 years, in an acute and community setting, both within the private and public sector. The last 20 of these, including during the Covid 19 pandemic, were at a senior level, managing large budgets, multi-disciplinary teams and service development.
On a personal level I am a wife and mother to 3 grown up children and 2 dogs.
Although I am proud of all these achievements, they only tell you what I am and what I have done, not who I am . . .
I am someone who has had periods of self-doubt and feelings of not being good enough. I have listened far too much to other people’s opinions and ignored what I really wanted or believed. I have had times when I both loved and hated my job. I have experienced good and bad management and personal burnout.
In a long career, this is just the tip of the iceberg and I could go on, however through my experience and NLP training I have learned to focus on the future rather than the past, and to understand the person I really am . . .
- I love to work with people, helping them grow and become the person they want to be, identifying and removing negative thoughts and feelings which are getting in their way
- I am a strong believer in the importance of good leadership and the direct impact this can have on the performance of an organisation and its staff
- I am committed to stopping people reaching burnout in their work by helping them to enjoy their job again, or find a new one
- I am dedicated to helping people develop their own voice and inner strength, and not be influenced by external forces and opinions
- I am a strong advocate for the benefits of quality healthcare and believe that it should be a right for patients to receive it and for staff to be able to deliver it